Title: Growing in Faith not Fear
Text: (Hebrews 11:1-6) NLT
Some of the benefits of having Faith
- It brings Salvation to anyone who desires it (Ephesians 2:8-9) “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God”
- Also, faith brings answers to our Prayers (James 5:15-16) “Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective”
- Faith is needed for our Daily Walk (2 Corinthians 5:7)” For we live by faith, not by sight”
- For a Miracle in todays life, we need faith (Luke 8:43-48) Talks about a woman with a blood issue for 12 years. She was convinced with faith that even if she were to just touch the hem of Jesus robe she could be healed and the Scriptures says, she was … instantly
What is Faith?
- Faith in God is listed as one of the fundamental (important, central) teachings of our Scriptures
- In simple terms, faith is, to trust, to believe or have faith, or rely upon
- The biblical definition of real faith is found in the book of (Hebrews 11:1)
One pastor said like this, the most important test it’s the of your Faith, “You can fail social studies, but you can’t fell it’s your faith, why? because it has eternal implication or consequence
- And it is the big test to prepare for
How do one build real Faith?
One, ask God for more faith
- (Matthew 7:8) For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
- ( ) 5 If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. 6 But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind.
Study what the Bible reveals about faith
- (Hebrews 11)
Don’t compromise or deny the true faith
- (Ephesians 4:5-6) 5 There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism. 6 One God and Father of all,
who is over all, in all, and living through all.
- There is one faith
- The Bible warns repeatedly about false teachers who will undermine and overthrow the faith of others by promoting misleading doctrines and ideas
- Also, the Scriptures warns us many have and will depart from or discard the true faith in the last days
Believe it or not, the lack of faith in our modern world was prophesied nearly 2,000 years ago by Jesus
- (Matthew 18:8) But when the Son of Man returns, how many will he find on the earth who have faith?”
The apostle Paul predicted that people would be deceived and depart from the faith
- (1 Timothy 4:1) Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons
It is said that 95% of Americans believe in God
- But, many wonder if the miracles in the Bible actually happen
- Some believe that Second Coming of Christ is only a figurative or symbolic event that it will never happen
(Hebrews 11:1-6) NLT
Great Examples of Faith
1Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see.
- “faith is the substance of things hope for, and the evidence of things not (yet) seen”
- Substance means assurance, realization, something like a title or deed to a house or piece of property.
- The evidence demands proof
- By faith, we understand that the world was formed by the Word (command) of God
- So, the thing we see (the creation) were not made of things that are visible
- So many scientists today are coming to realize the universe could not have evolved by accident
2 Through their faith, the people in days of old earned a good reputation.
3 By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.
4 It was by faith that Abel brought a more acceptable offering to God than Cain did. Abel’s offering gave evidence that he was a righteous man, and God showed his approval of his gifts. Although Abel is long dead, he still speaks to us by his example of faith.
5 It was by faith that Enoch was taken up to heaven without dying “he disappeared, because God took him.” For before he was taken up, he was known as a person who pleased God.
6 And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.