Riverside Church of God of Prophecy
Introduction: (Billy Graham)
With so much uncertainty right now on this pandemic, of a vaccine, the economy, the finances, jobs, a lot of doubt or insecurity in this nation, in the world, even among us Christians or not Christian.
(Evangelist Billy Graham) “He said, “Man needs faith as he needs food, water, and air. With all the science in the world, we need faith in God”
- In the Gospel of (Luke 17:5) even the apostles, said to the Lord, “Show us how to increase our faith”
- When one studies God Words you will find that, there’s stability in faith, there’s courage in faith, there’s power in faith, in faith one can exceeds stress, anxiety and fear
In the NT the Greek words for faith are
- trust, trust in God, belief, belief in God, confidence (certainty in His Word the Scriptures) constancy (faithfulness, steadfast) committed to the end
- (Scofield) That trust in the God of the Scriptures and in Jesus Christ whom He has sent, which receives Him as Savior and Lord and drives us to loving obedience and good works
The Uses of Faith
As Christians, why do we need faith? we need faith
1. For salvation
- (Ephesians 2:8) 8 For by His loving-favor you have been saved from the punishment of sin through faith. It is not by anything you have done. It is a gift of God.
- Faith in Jesus Christ is all that is needed to be saved
- (Acts 16:31) “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, along with everyone in your household.”
2. For our prayer
- (James 5:14-15) 14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.
- (James 5:16) Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
3. For our daily walk
- (2 Corinthians 5:6-7) 6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7 For we live by faith, not by sight.
- Walking by faith requires a strong determination to follow God’s plan regardless what life throws your way, when you feel pain, when you feel destroyed, when facing death, when you are broken financially
4. For a miracle
- (Luke 8:43-48)
- In this Scripture is about a woman with a blood issue she’d had for 12 years. She was convinced with faith that even if she were to just touch the hem of Jesus robe she could be healed and she was … instantly
- Jesus in the midst of the crowd felt the power go out from him. He knew what and He knew who and told her “your faith has healed you”
- We know God has the power, but when we have the faith, that’s when miracles happen
- Some Christians say they believe but don’t have the faith to believe that miracles still happen in todays life
- Say with me “I recognize by faith that God loved me and I believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Lord and I asked in Jesus name for a miracle”
There was a time when Noah and his whole family were all stuck together for an unknown amount of time. It was a time of enormous uncertainty. Do you think they may have felt forgotten?
- 1 But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and livestock with him in the boat. He sent a wind to blow across the earth, and the floodwaters began to recede. (Genesis 8:1)
- 3 So the floodwaters gradually receded from the earth. After 150 days
- 24 And the floodwaters covered the earth for 150 days. (Genesis 7:24)
- Says “Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible”
- God’s want us as Christians to grow in faith and surely doesn’t wants us to be a baby in the faith”
(Proverbs 3:5-10) NLT
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
7 Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
8 Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones.
9 Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce.
10 Then he will fill your barns with grain, and your vats will overflow with good wine.
(Luke 8:43-48) NLT
43 A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding,[a] and she could find no cure.
44 Coming up behind Jesus, she touched the fringe of his robe. Immediately, the bleeding stopped.
45 “Who touched me?” Jesus asked. Everyone denied it, and Peter said, “Master, this whole crowd is pressing up against you.”
46 But Jesus said, “Someone deliberately touched me, for I felt healing power go out from me.”
47 When the woman realized that she could not stay hidden, she began to tremble and fell to her knees in front of him. The whole crowd heard her explain why she had touched him and that she had been immediately healed.
48 “Daughter,” he said to her, “your faith has made you well. Go in peace.”