Riverside Church of God of Prophecy (Riverside COGOP)
Thank you for watching.
TEXT TO GIVE: (833)-766-5600
Theme: The Passion Week
Title: The Lord Supper (days Wed / Thurs)
Text: Matthew 26:26-30
- Triumphant entry into Jerusalem
- He cursed the fig tree
- Also, Jesus clears the Temple
- Jesus authority is challenged in the Temple
- Jesus teaches parables, stories, and about the future and His return
- And also, Judas agrees to betray Jesus
- The Bible does not say what Jesus did on Wednesday
- He probably remained in Bethany with his disciples
- The Last Supper
- Jesus speaks to the disciples in the upper room
- Jesus struggles in the garden of Gethsemane
- Jesus is betrayed and arrested
The Lord Supper (Matthew 26:26-30) NLT
Jesus Introduces the Lord’s Supper
14 When the time came, Jesus and the apostles sat down together at the table.
15 Jesus said, “I have been very eager to eat this Passover meal with you before my suffering begins. (Luke 22:14-15)
26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”
- “Do this in remembrance of Me.” (Luke 22:19)
- “Do this in remembrance of Me” (1 Corinthians 11:24)
27 Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you.
28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission or (forgiveness) of sins.
- “Do this in remembrance of me as often as you drink it” (1 Corinthians 11:25)
29 But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.”
- 26 For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord’s death until he comes again. (1 Corinthians 11:26)
30 And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.
- In the Old Testament times, God agreed to forgive the people’s sins if they would bring animals for the priest to sacrifice
- But animals’ blood did not in itself remove sin (only God can forgive sin)
- So, Jesus, instituted a “new convent” between God and his people
- Under this “new convent” Jesus would die in the place of sinners
- The blood of animals cannot remove sins, but, Jesus blood, would remove the sins of all would put their faith in Him (John 14) Jesus says, I am the way, the truth, and the life) the way to the Father
- Jesus sacrifice would never have to be repeated, it would be good for all eternity
(Hebrews 9:23-28) 27 And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment, 28 so also Christ was offered once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him